Tadhamon Capital is committed to upholding the highest standards of corporate governance in compliance with all relevant governing laws and regulations, international standards and global best practices. In upholding such standards, the Board of Directors has put in place a robust and comprehensive corporate governance framework. This embraces the governance principles stipulated in the Kingdom of Bahrain’s Corporate Governance Code issued by the Ministry of Industry & Commerce in March 2010, and subsequently incorporated by the Central Bank of Bahrain in its High-Level Controls Module in October 2010.
Key aspects of this framework include the following:
1. The availability of a comprehensive set of policies and procedures, manuals, charters, and job descriptions that set the highest professional standards.
2. Effective and independent Board oversight through the formation of independent Board Committees, which are supported by independent control functions.
3. Independent oversight by a Sharia Supervisory Board, consisting of prominent scholars with a proven track record in the implementation of Islamic Sharia.
4. The establishment of an independent Compliance Department that is responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of the Company’s Compliance framework.
5. The establishment of an independent Risk Management Department that is responsible for ensuring the appropriate implementation of the Company’s Risk Management Framework.